Good Morning. In case you missed any of it, here is some of the best recent expert legal commentary in favour of a ‘yes’ vote in Friday’s marriage equality referendum.
- Fergus Ryan on what the referendum is not about.
- Fiona de Londras on why marriage equality is a human rights issue.
- Ursula Kilkelly on why a vote for marriage equality is a vote for children’s rights.
- Maebh Harding on what it would mean if Catholic priests refused to perform the civil aspects of marriage ceremonies.
- Aengus Carroll on same-sex marriage and traditional values (also see Generating Traditional Values: on the Marriage Referendum on the CCJHR blog).
- Brian Tobin on the gestation of the Child and Family Relationships Bill. and on parallels with the divorce referendums.
- Siobhan Mullally on recognition, equality and marriage.
- Oran Doyle on the impact of the referendum.
- Conor O’Mahony on the referendum and the right to procreate.
- Donncha O’Connell on what lies at the heart of the ‘no’ campaign.
Meanwhile, we at HRinI send all our appreciation (and hopes for a celebration on Saturday) to our friends, family and colleagues who have advocated for a ‘Yes’ vote during a very difficult campaign.