On Friday, 13th June 2014 from 10am to 5pm, UCD Sutherland School of Law will host a conference Law in Action Re-Imagining Clinical Legal Education In Ireland. Organised jointly between UCD School of Law, the Public Interest Law Alliance, University of Ulster Law Clinic and the Irish Clinical Legal Education Association, the full programme with an exciting line up of international, European and national experts in legal education, clinical legal education, public interest law and litigation and the interaction of law and social justice is available here. There is no registration fee, and those interested in attending the conference can register here (CPD Points Available).
This conference invites speakers and participants to consider some of the following issues:
- The changing nature of legal education in Ireland, with a consideration of the transformative potential of clinical legal education to the law school curriculum.
- The value – theoretically, practically and pedagogically – of internships as a form of clinical legal education.
- The contribution of organisations, both legal and non-legal, practitioner and non-practitioner, to clinical legal education in Ireland.
- The contribution of client-based clinical legal education in enabling client participation in administrative and legal processes.
- The challenges and opportunities in engaging students in live client work, legal research and public interest law in Northern/Ireland.
- The role of clinical legal education in identifying, supporting and progressing social justice and public interest law in Northern/Irish society.
Further information on this conference is available here or by contacting email@example.com. For those unable to join us on Friday, 13 June 2014, do follow the hashtag #reimaginelaw for a flavour of the contributions.